The Peace Appeal Foundation is pleased to announce that Kristiina Rintakoski has joined the organization’s Board of Directors. Kristiina brings a wealth of experience in peacebuilding globally. She presently works as a Director for Peacebuilding and Advocacy at the Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Mission, one of the largest Finish civil society organizations working in global development. She has over 15 years of experience in policy analysis and programme planning in mediation support, peacebuilding and national dialogue processes. Regionally much of her work has focused on Myanmar, Syria and Nepal. Before joining FELM, she served as Programme Director at the Crisis Management Initiative for 10 years, leading the development of CMI’s crisis management, conflict resolution and peacebuilding projects and activities. Prior to that, she worked at the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) and at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland. She holds Master’s degrees in International Relations from the University of Tampere, Finland and in Human Rights from the University of Padova, Italy.
- A Tale of Two Pauls: Examining the Limits of Reconciliation after the Rwandan Genocide
- Power, Protest, and Political Change: A new report from students in the Dispute Systems Design Clinic at Harvard Law School
- News from Our Partners: The National Convergence Platform is Launched in Zimbabwe
- New Challenges to Peace: Artificial Intelligence and Weapons of War
- Partner Report: Common Space Initiative Issues “Conditions of Return of Syrian Refugees in Lebanon”
- USIP Publishes “Nonformal Dialogues in National Peacemaking: Complementary Approaches”
- Children and War – Guide
- Peace Education: World Press Photo Award Winning “Where the Children Sleep” Anchors New Initiative on Displacement & Belonging
- Our Year End/Year Beginning Message.
- Peace Con 2018 – Alliance for Peacebuilding Annual Conference features Peace Appeal Members