Washington, D.C. The Alliance for Peacebuilding’s Annual Conference was held October 3-5th in Washington D.C.. Organized on the theme of “The Power of Collective Action” the conference featured keynotes and panels with Peace Appeal staff, board and adviers. Dr. Donna Hicks of Harvard’s Weatherhead Center for International Affairs and author of “Dignity: Its Essential Role in Resolving Conflict” gave a keynote talk as part of the The Future of Peace Lecture Series. PAF Board member Jayne Docherty and Co-Director, Derek Brown presented on a panel titled “Americans Cannot Dialogue Their Way Out of this Conflict, How Do We Address Structural Grievances?” While Co-Chair Jeff Seul spoke on a panel on religious peacemaking. The three day conference was held in conjunction with the United States Institute of Peace and attracts eminent members of the peacebuilding community, diplomats, scholars, business leaders, military strategists and other specialists gathered from hundreds of organizations across dozens of countries.
- A Tale of Two Pauls: Examining the Limits of Reconciliation after the Rwandan Genocide
- Power, Protest, and Political Change: A new report from students in the Dispute Systems Design Clinic at Harvard Law School
- News from Our Partners: The National Convergence Platform is Launched in Zimbabwe
- New Challenges to Peace: Artificial Intelligence and Weapons of War
- Partner Report: Common Space Initiative Issues “Conditions of Return of Syrian Refugees in Lebanon”
- USIP Publishes “Nonformal Dialogues in National Peacemaking: Complementary Approaches”
- Children and War – Guide
- Peace Education: World Press Photo Award Winning “Where the Children Sleep” Anchors New Initiative on Displacement & Belonging
- Our Year End/Year Beginning Message.
- Peace Con 2018 – Alliance for Peacebuilding Annual Conference features Peace Appeal Members