The United Nations Development Program hosted a three-day expert consultation on “Reconciliation as a Mechanisms for Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding.” in Johannesburg, South Africa from September 2 – 4, 2014. Peace Appeal Foundation Director, Shirley Moulder, along with Harn Yawnghwe, head of the Euro Burma Office with whom we collaborate on work in Myanmar, attended and spoke. Substantively the conference focused on prospects for evolution in the use of truth and reconciliations commissions. A related resource on the topic has been authored by George Wachira, with Prisca Kamungi and Kalie Sillah, published by NPI-Africa, resulting from a multi-year research project in Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Sierra Leone and South Africa. For further information see: Stretching the Truth.
- A Tale of Two Pauls: Examining the Limits of Reconciliation after the Rwandan Genocide
- Power, Protest, and Political Change: A new report from students in the Dispute Systems Design Clinic at Harvard Law School
- News from Our Partners: The National Convergence Platform is Launched in Zimbabwe
- New Challenges to Peace: Artificial Intelligence and Weapons of War
- Partner Report: Common Space Initiative Issues “Conditions of Return of Syrian Refugees in Lebanon”
- USIP Publishes “Nonformal Dialogues in National Peacemaking: Complementary Approaches”
- Children and War – Guide
- Peace Education: World Press Photo Award Winning “Where the Children Sleep” Anchors New Initiative on Displacement & Belonging
- Our Year End/Year Beginning Message.
- Peace Con 2018 – Alliance for Peacebuilding Annual Conference features Peace Appeal Members